Monday, February 08, 2010

Would you kindly read this preview?





I wasn’t too sure I would get a review done this week due to being a rather poorly chap, but a ring on the doorbell this afternoon herald the Bioshock 2 Collectors edition, pre-release (just)! So I thought I would play an hour and let you guys know what you have to look forward to.

My initial thoughts on the game are mixed. I loved the original and it is one of the few games I have ever got 100% achievements for on the Xbox.

In this game you play as an early big daddy that, without wanting to spoil any of the plot, is on a mission to find something in post-Fontain rapture. The destruction has yet to be noticed as I have not yet revisited any of the areas featured in the first game (praying this will happen though).

I am very wary about giving away too much of the plot but lets just say, the big sister, OUCH! She is gunna be a tough lady dog to take down. Presuming we will have to.





Early impressions are that it follows the style of the first game, the immersive environment, the fun little posters and almost Easter eggs. There’s a few fun little effects that really draw you in to the environment, such as wondering what the clanging noise was before realising I was standing under a drip, and the sound was the water hitting my helmet. This sort of thing could easily have been ignored but it makes a game.

Any early complaints? Errrrrrm not so much…. It’s good, it hasn’t grabbed me as Bioshock 1 did, but then it is a sequel. Keep watching as I’m sure I will be putting up a review when I have played a little more, and I’m certain I will be dragged into this game too. Until then, if you are planning on getting this game, it looks good, it seems to be very clever, and at the very least, the splicers are still fun to kill.

If you decide you want it, *Would you kindly* click the links to buy it below?

Peace yall, hope to be more on my feet soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment